RE: CRIME Perspective on Criticisms leveled at Microsoft

From: Adam Lipson (AdamL@private)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 13:24:37 PDT

    If you have the corporate/enterprise version you can manage the installation
    of patches and updates and push them out to clients on your network.  One
    server would download all patches and push them out the clients that you
    have administratively installed as a "managed" computer.  I have done this
    and it works really well the only problem is when there is a loss of
    connectivity between the server and client and you need to uninstall the
    client or update it without the server being available.  The other option
    that is available is that you can choose if your client is "unmanaged" is to
    download updates from a shared folder on your LAN.

    Adam