Re: [RE: CRIME Re: TIPS]

From: T. Kenji Sugahara (sugahara@private)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 11:32:46 PDT

    I think TIPS is fine as long as its not used to excuse otherwise
    criminal behavior (e.g. trespass) and doesn't make joe citizen a
    quasi-governmental agent.

    Also:

    "In a shift from its position 24 hours earlier, the U.S. Postal Service
    said Thursday it had decided to meet with the Justice Department to
    discuss Operation TIPS, a government plan to encourage U.S. postal
    workers to report suspicious activity as part of the government's war on
    terrorism."

    http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/18/operation.tips/index.html

    T. Kenji Sugahara
    Chief Operating Officer