Re: CRIME Legal info on carnivore

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 09:26:36 PDT

    Ken Emmons wrote:

    >I am shocked at the responses I received from members of this group.

    So you're new to the Internet then :)  If the phrase "god damned"
    offends you, then you clearly don't get out much. Hence forth, please
    consider any form of language the speaker chooses to use to be
    "professional", so long as it is comprehensible, relevant tot the topic
    at hand, and free of personal attacks. So far, the only unprofessional
    post was yours (off topic personal attack).

    >  I am
    >not a religious freak just a professional and a person who believes in GOD.
    >As a person I do take offense to some things just as all of us do.

    Uh, no. If someone came in here and started discussing necrophilia with
    underage goats, my main objection would be that it is off-topic :)

    >  I did
    >not mean to get off track I just wanted to send an email to the person who
    >send the unprofessional email with bad language.

    There was NOTHING unprofessional about that post. Unprofessional was
    injecting your religous prejudices into a technical discussion, and
    posting the private e-mail I sent you to a public list.

    >I was surprised to see so many GOD hating people who became hateful and
    >irate at the mention of His name. It sounds to me that Crispin is the one
    >who is intolerant. I wonder who he worships if not God :)

    Hell no :)

    Remember: obscenity is the crutch of inarticulate motherfuckers.

    ObSecurity: I expect to get several bounce messages from this post due
    to assorted corporate content filtering systems. I view such systems
    primarily as a vulnerability, because they can easily filter out
    important technical data. Consider what would happen if your
    subscription to bugtraq was filtered to remove a critical announcement
    of a vulnerability that affects you, merely because the immature
    children who wrote the post included a comment in the source code that
    said "fuckers! we 0wn j00".

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.
    Chief Scientist, WireX                      http://wirex.com/~crispin/