RE: CRIME Earthlink strikes again...

From: Rich Rohrich (Rich_Rohrich@private)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 08:29:39 PDT

    Nope, Earthlink has been known to do the same thing.  They took the same credit card information from Teleport/Onemain and used it to automatically renew (without my consent) a web site hosting service I had started with Teleport. I had aready moved the domain away from them and later found the charge on my bill. They wouldn't do a cancellation via email, and the wait times on the phone were in excess of an hour.  I finally resorted to filing a complaint with the FTC and the Oregon Department of Justice to get my money back.

    >>> Seth Arnold sarnold@private> 08/12/02 6:01 PM >>
    (As a side note, teleport, who we originally had for our ISP service
    before mergers brought us to earthlink/mindspring, had no qualms about
    re-billing credit card information automatically when accounts expired
    without giving any advance warning that they were going to do so. Maybe
    this heinous practice has stopped with earlink/minkspring, maybe it
    hasn't.)