Re: CRIME Suspicious PayPal Verification Email

From: Don Park (don.park@private)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 14:12:08 PDT

    On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Andrew Plato wrote:

    > This looks like a scam, did anybody else get this?

    its an obvious scam. even without the header information it is clearly not
    an official paypal communication. look at the wording.

    > Verification Please log into your PayPal account using the following
    > link to confirm you are still an active PayPal user asap.  We are now

    "PayPal user asap" is poor gramar.

    > PayPal stay in your account because there has been a rise in the amount
    > of fraudsters getting access to users e-mail addresses and deleting the

    PayPal would not use a word like "fraudsters" in an official email.

    If you put this into Word and run the grammar analysis, it would probably
    come up with 'Grade 2'.

    Don
    --
    ** irc: irc.freenode.net nick: don-o channels: #wireless, #java
    ** "For thirty years they've questioned the need for NASA. Today