Re: CRIME Suspicious PayPal Verification Email

From: Wil Cooley (wcooley@private)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 14:11:42 PDT

    On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 13:17, Andrew Plato wrote:
    > This looks like a scam, did anybody else get this?
    >
    > I got this email last week. If you look at the URL, it goes to a
    different IP address (212.159.188.6). I did a reverse lookup on the name
    and traced it back to some dialup account in England.

    > I don't know - looks like a scam to me. If you click the link you go
    to an apparently legitimite looking PayPal site. But that could have
    been easily duplicated. I didn't investigate any further than that. I
    have to be on my way to a customer meeting.

    Was there an HTML attachment that didn't get forwarded?  The message
    below only shows www.paypal.com.

    Wil
    --
    Wil Cooley                                 wcooley@private
    * * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *