Re: CRIME Nigerian scam

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 14:41:08 PDT

    Soren.J.Winslow@private wrote:

    >I could be completely up-front with one..... LOL!!
    >
    >Send me $100,000.00. The money will be going to a good cause, me. You will
    >not get anything in return. You may get this email a 100 times a week.

    I have received several of those in the last year:

        * whiny story about how some string of terrible disasters has
          wrecked their lives
        * they just need a few thousand dollars to get out of it
        * wouldn't all you nice people just send them $1 each, it's only a
          buck and it will help me so, blah blah blah

    I send them to Spamcop <http://spamcop.net/>, just like the rest. The
    pathos crap is likely a lie, and even if it isn't, spam is not the answer.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.
    Chief Scientist, WireX                      http://wirex.com/~crispin/