CRIME AM860 - Story on credit card thefts

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 11:29:43 PST

    Hey! Turn on AM860 today. They are running a story on that credit card
    rip off.

    And they interviewed me. (Okay, a little shameless self-promotion.)

    I should note, one point I made in the story, that's been gnawing at me
    ever since the Columbia disaster is that back in 1996, NASA got hacked
    and some key systems for command and control of the shuttle were
    temporarily disabled. As I understand it, the hack wasn't very serious
    and NASA fixed the problem quickly.

    Yet, when I heard about the shuttle I immediately thought about that
    story and wondered, what if a hacker actually did something like bring
    down the shuttle. What better way to hit America then to bring down our
    space program through hacking.

    Just the mere thought of it sends shivers down my spine. Fortunately, I
    don't think anything like this has happened...yet.

    Andrew Plato, CISSP
    President / Principal Consultant
    Anitian Corporation

    Enterprise Security &