Re: CRIME What security topics interest you?

From: Seth Arnold (sarnold@private)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 11:01:16 PST

    On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 09:07:56AM -0800, Andrew Plato wrote:
    > 6. Firewalls are not enough. Describes why firewalls are only one
    > component in a security infrastructure.

    I'd like to offer a corollary: Firewalls are harmful. They give the
    impression of security, but the way most firewalls are used, they are
    more of a security blanket than a security measure.

    If nothing else, the discussion is likely to be lively! :)

    --
    "I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling
    to accept responsibility for their own actions, or that they are