Re: CRIME Threatening e-Mail

From: John E Jewkes-AAA0OR-AAA0ID (aar0mi@private)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 11:58:13 PDT

    Actually ran across this question personally several years ago when
    I was the Direct Sales Administrator of ThrustMaster, INC. I got
    an email stating that he knew what I did, and he was going to "get" me
    for it. "No place I could Hide".
            Because he used dial-up, the Telephone Threat Laws applied
    to him. AOL was quite happy to cooperate with the Oregon Dept.
    of Justice in tracking him down. When caught his response was, "I
    was just having a little fun, I wouldn't have really hurt anyone". He
    lived in a small town in the north of Nevada.
            Important Parts: Contact his domain/ISP, Local Police, and
    the State AG's Office. If he is from out of state, contact the Police
    in his state as well (Many have Websites now-a-days). Prepared
    is advisable, as once a person knows that you won't play the game
    their way, they want to quit doing it.

    Signed,
    John E. Jewkes, SMD US Army MARS Oregon/Idaho
    OR/ID State Director (Portland METRO Area Resident)
    Confidential Phone Number (Confirm Only) 503-977-0527
    National HQ Identity Verification Line: 1-800-633-1128 ext 1 or 4
    (24/7/365)

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!