Re: Portland Area (was: CRIME Senator Hatch - Destroy file swappers'computers)

From: Larry Whittington (larry.whittington@private)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 08:00:58 PDT

    Crispin,

    I read the group's mail from here in Atlanta.

    I subscribed because I know the security part of the computer business has
    grown in importance by orders of magnitude since the world got connected.
    Infosec is a very hot segment in IT and will continue to grow for the
    foreseeable future.  It's where a lot of the jobs will be.

    I work for an airline.  As great as that is (and it is), it's a dicey
    proposition right now.  The airline industry will continue to shake out and
    remake itself for at least the next five years.  Job security is not
    guaranteed.

    In years past, I contracted with the FBI to perform the forensic analysis of
    software evidence in a criminal case.  With my current "dicey proposition" I
    thought I might be well advised to look into that part of our business
    again.  Poking around the web I found CRIME and subscribed.  It seemed like
    a good way to take the pulse of security business.  I have not been
    displeased.

    Thanks Guys.  I hope you don't mind my eavesdropping.

    Larry