Re: CRIME eBlaster removal

From: Rich Rohrich (Rich_Rohrich@private)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 14:09:54 PDT

    look for netsplr.exe in the system32 directory.  rename (or delete) and re-boot.  That should disable it.  Look for a good spyware program.  I've had good luck with Spybot and SpywareBlaster (both available at tucows.com for no charge)

    >>> "Elaine Scheller" <elainesmei@private> 07/27/03 10:06 PM >>>
    I have recently discovered that my home pc has been loaded with eBlaster
    remotely. Since this isn't a visible program, how can I find and remove the
    program? There are removal programs available, which are the best and can
    this be accomplished another way? I'm a member of the list server under
    another name, does this matter?
    Thank you!
    Elaine Scheller