Re: CRIME GNU Help IV

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 21:45:42 PDT

    Robert Johnston wrote:

    >I just got off the phone with Bruce Starr.  It looks like there is little chance
    >in getting this through the house since the speaker is dead set against it.
    >Neither of us can get a straight answer as to why from with the Speaker's office
    >or the Majority office.

    It is plainly obvious why various politicians are against this bill:
    monied lobyists paid them to be against it. Read the testimony that
    happened when the bill went to a public hearing, and you see software
    industry players arguing against it, and various community-oriented and
    technical people arguing for it.

    Welcome to New American Democracy: one dollar, one vote.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.           http://immunix.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, Immunix       http://immunix.com
                http://www.immunix.com/shop/