RE: CRIME How-to question

From: SA Phil R. Slinkard (pslinkar@private)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 10:57:59 PDT

    As far as your local FBI goes, here is what we need:

    The email headers are crucial. If you do not know how to get the
    headers, http://vww.spamcop.com/help_with_headers/ is a good link for
    instructions on how to expose these. (I will assume most everyone on the
    list knows how to do this).

    Next, go to www.ifccfbi.gov. There is a link at the top labeled "File a
    Complaint". Click on this and begin to fill out the form. In step 4,
    there is space for "Additional Information". Paste the header
    information into here and then paste the body of the message. This
    section will only take 12000 characters. If the message is too large,
    simply use Notepad or some other text file format and paste all the
    information into this. The next step will allow you to upload a file.

    Next, if you want you can also send this information in an email to the
    Portland Division's email (Portland@private). Be sure to tell us that
    you have completed a report with the IFCC, if not we will be sending it
    back requesting that you do.

    Last, be sure to hang onto the original email. We may need to get it
    from you later.

    If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

    Phil R. Slinkard
    Special Agent
    Cyber Division - Portland
    Federal Bureau of Investigation