Re: CRIME query on radio text message security

From: Brian Varine (WitchDr@private)
Date: Sat Sep 06 2003 - 16:47:49 PDT

    Your dilemma is that you are restricted from using any type of encryption.
    Going to a new protocol is probably going to require more hardware and
    software which equals more money. My suggestion is to go back to Morse
    Code..after all...no one uses Morse Code anymore right? Plus HF is dead,
    past over, a relic of the past! *chuckle*.  HF ALE might make things a bit
    more difficult as well. But then....ALE requires new equipment. The best
    bang for the buck would be developing brevity codes similar to what the
    police use (ie. 10/12 codes).

    I did see a PBS program on how the US Govt.(Library of Congress?) was
    working with Indian tribes to preserve their languages. Eventually they want
    to have all the languages available via computer so in the future, people
    can look back and the language won't be lost forever. Find one of those
    programs and use a tribal language...it worked in WWII;)

    Brian