RE: CRIME SecureWorld Seattle September 24 & 25

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 15:49:51 PDT

    Yes, and I agree there is host and network IPS. Okena is a good example
    of host IPS and some firewalls could be classified as an IPS because
    they do more than just play traffic cop.

    Our disagreement was over level of capability. I felt that calling a
    device that performed basic access control and IPS was inappropriate.
    IPS is more than access control, in my opinion.

    Andrew Plato, CISSP
    President/Principal Consultant
    Anitian Enterprise Security

    503-644-5656 Office