Re: CRIME [Fwd: [Politech] Does Justice Department prosecute denial ofservice attacks?]

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Sat Sep 27 2003 - 11:39:40 PDT

    jbryner1 wrote:

    >But, what's to stop the victim ISP from suing the 17year old/his parents for
    >damages under 25k in a civil case?

    At a guess, I would think that the law suit would cost more than $25K,
    so it's not worth it.

    If someone broke into your home, stole your TV and laptop, smashed up
    some windows, and the cops thought the material loss wasn't enough to
    prosecute, would you be happy with "so sue 'em"?

    Crispin

    --
    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.           http://immunix.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, Immunix       http://immunix.com