CRIME Emergency communications planning question

From: SAWYER Charlotte M (Charlotte.M.Sawyer@private)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 11:06:52 PDT

    I'm in the process of taking the SANS Mentor-led Incident Handling/Hacker
    Techniques course.  In the materials for this class there is a mention of
    redundant communication paths including ham radio operators in case the
    telco infrastructure is overloaded.

    My question:  Does anyone know more about this planning, specifically what
    the organization structure is expected to be in place for this?

    Really just a curiosity question; no particular need to deploy this
    function.

    Charlotte