RE: CRIME Fwd: Scam - www.webbizhelper.com -- Need help shutting it down

From: Mark Young (wremsc@private)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 10:10:01 PDT

    I am sure you have all seen the letters about trying to get millions out of
    a foreign country. They were sent in the mail for years and now go by
    e-mail. They promise you a 20% cut of 20 million or what ever to help them
    with a bogus contract to get the money out of the Country into the US.

    A friend of mine fell for it. He was a local business man that was having
    troubles, so he fell for it. He did have a good banking relationship and did
    a lot of business. So for him to deposit a $1 mil was no big deal. He called
    number and they told him the same thing, we will deposit the money in your
    account and within a few hours you have to send 80% on to our account via a
    wire transfer. They drew up a bogus bank draft on another company across the
    US and deposited it. They probably had their checking information from
    already scamming them. They said they were going to do a small amount first
    and see how it went and make sure they could trust him first. So they put a
    $750,000 deposit in his account. He wired out the 80%. That was the last he
    ever heard. Needless to say, the $750,000 deposit bounced and came back
    insufficient funds or no account or something. By that time, the money was
    gone to a foreign country. I do not know all the details or why they could
    not catch them. Maybe they did.

    My friend had paid all his bills in town. Now all his checks bounced and he
    had to file bankruptcy. He left town a few days later owing everyone in town
    money. I have not seen him since.

    Mark Young
    Colorado

    This message and accompanying documents are covered by the Electronic
    Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521, and contains information
    intended for the specified individual(s) only. This information is
    confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent responsible
    for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
    you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
    distribution, copying, or the taking of any action based on the contents of
    this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
    communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
    the original message.

    DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed here are my own, and do not
    represent the position of any organization, local, state or national
    associations, commissions and/or boards with which I am affiliated.

    One month FREE spam protection at http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnetsig/