Re: wipe utilities

From: Matthew.Brownat_private
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 22:43:23 PDT

    Darren

            Try dd from the latest Linux distribution or the Image Masster
    Solo 2  Forensics System.

    Hope that helps,
    Matthew Brown, CISSP

    "Darren Welch" <WELCHDat_private>
    06/20/2001 08:44 AM

            To:     forensicsat_private
            cc:
            Subject:        wipe utilities

    I am looking to draft a corporate policy requiring all hard drives to be
    wiped before being decommissioned, sold, donated, etc.

     The wipe utility must be able to make numerous (up to seven)
    uninterrupted passes and support a wide array of file systems (fat, ntfs,
    etc).

    Also, the software must support the ability to assign a particular hex
    character as the wipe character.

    Could anyone recommend some products? I currently use wiper for my
    forensic investigations and am very happy with that but I want to provide
    our IT group with several other acceptable options.

    Thanks, D