RE: keyboard logging questions

From: Collins, Steve (Steve.Collinsat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 06:30:00 PDT

    Hi Raymond and All,

    I have used and am quite happy with a product by Amecisco called the
    Invisible Keystroke Logger. For NT, it runs within the Kernel and is
    completely invisible. From my experience it meets all of the requirements
    you have listed.
    http://www.amecisco.com/

    On a similar vein, you might consider a hardware solution that plugs
    in-line with the keyboard to capture all keystrokes, including those
    made before the OS comes on-line. The downside of this is you need to
    physically install it and then remove it later to recover the keystrokes
    logged. Plus, it can always be discovered if a suspect were to look at
    the back of their PC; not likely but always a risk. A crafty person might
    be able to integrate this into a keyboard to make it completely hidden.
    All you would need is for a cleaner to "accidentally" spill a coffee on the
    original keyboard, and presto...

    ZeroHype Technologies have a product called Keyghost that fits this bill
    and also works flawlessly.
    http://www.amecisco.com/

    Best of luck,

    Steve Collins SANS GCNT