RE: keyboard logging questions

From: Obert, Jack E. (JObertat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 07:21:49 PDT

    I'm using a package called Boss Everywhere (http://boss.dids.com/).  I can
    push this from a floppy, or off of a network via login script, etc.  It
    records date, start time, duration, computer name, user, application, window
    name, keystrokes, URL, and filesystem activity.  It is highly configurable,
    and easily removed...  There are also packages that do screen captures, etc.
    Desktop Detective and Spector are two others that come to mind.  I chose
    Boss Everywhere because of it's configuration options and small OS
    footprint.

    Be careful with the use of these types of packages.  I for instance, require
    a director's written request and our VP of Human Relations and our CIO to
    sign for all installs.  I treat this very similar to a wiretap.  I go in
    looking for something specific and ignore all other activity...

    Jack E. Obert, GSEC
    Technical Information Security Officer
    St. John's Health System
    jobertat_private