Recovering data from dynamic disks

From: Darren W. MacDonald (darrydooat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 17:38:06 PDT

    Greetings, all. Fairly new to the list, and a lot of it's a little beyond me
    (baby steps, right?).

    Trying to recover evidence from a user's PC. It was running Windows XP
    Retail (build 2600). All volumes were converted to dynamic disks. data drive
    was a stripe set across two drives. User managed to corrupt the partition
    table on one of the drives. However, the data should still be there, as he
    didn't get to format the drive.

    Any suggestions / techniques / tools for recreating the partition table, and
    restoring the data? Being that these were dynamic disks and not basic disks,
    I don't see much information on recovery from these volume types.

    Thanks very much!
    Darren