'touch' on Win32

From: H C (keydet89at_private)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 08:16:01 PST

    To all,

    This weekend, I wrote a simple Perl script that
    implements *nix 'touch' functionality on Win32
    systems, via the Win32 API.  The script is available
    from:

    http://patriot.net/~carvdawg/perl.html

    My questions to the list members are:

    Has anyone seen such a functionality used, not only on
    Win32 systems, but *any* system, during an
    investigation?

    What effect would such a utility have on an
    investigation, particularly one being prosecuted?
    (this question is primarily to the expert witnesses,
    but I'd be glad to hear from anyone)

    Thanks,

    Carv