Re: Top Ten List!?

From: Eric Hines (eric3+@pitt.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 06:50:58 PST

    Jennifer,

    I think what everyone will keep directing you to is Trinux, the portable
    Linux command center :). It houses a great deal of tools essential to
    any forensic analyst and pen-tester.
    http://trinux.sourceforge.net

    Eric Hines
    Eric S. Hines
    Information Security Group, Incident Response Team
    University of Pittsburgh [CSSD]
    [p] 412.644.9079
    [d] 412.624.6728
    [a] eric3pageat_private

    On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 13:49, Titus, Jennifer wrote:
    > I'm looking for new tools to purchase and want to take a poll of those of
    > you on this list.
    >
    > 1.  What is in your ESSENTIAL toolkit!  Some of the first things you reach
    > for when working through a case.  Software/hardware based...it doesn't make
    > a difference, just let me know.
    >
    > 2.  What have you used that was a complete waste of time or was damaging in
    > a case you worked on.

    Eric S. Hines
    Information Security Group, Incident Response Team Lead