Re: Suggestions for research

From: Albert Lederer (albertledererat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 10:38:05 PST

    Well, some ideas spring to my mind...

    You can go with the obvious "Computer Forensics and Electronic Evidence
    Gathering and their social impact," dealing with how keyloggers, etc.,
    need to be identified as a sort of wiretap device and therefore well
    regulated if law enforcement is to use them.  You can use 2600.com for a
    plethora of legal stuff on this matter.  As well, take a look at the
    good reading section at www.insecure.org and you'll find a decent enough
    collection of material.

    You can also discuss how digital signatures may be forged and how to
    detect electronic forgery.  This would also tie in with detecting
    'man-in-the-middle' attacks.

    You may also find ideas at the Department Of Defense Computer Forensics
    Lab, which is locate at http://www.dcfl.gov/  They have a quarterly
    bulletin which might be worth checking out.  As it stands, you might
    want to talk to a few law enforcement types.  I don't know how much help
    they'll be but it's probably worth a try.

    I hope this helps,

    Albert Lederer