Suggestions for research

From: mstevenson (mstevensonat_private)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 09:41:18 PST

    Hello,

    I know that most of you are practitioners in this field (as I am), but I decided to give it a shot anyway.

    I'm starting a Ph.D. in CS and I want to research on computer forensics. However, my advisor knows very little about forensics, and I'm having a difficult time trying to find a suitable research topic.

    Does anybody here have a suggestion? Perhaps some crazy idea you had but you thought, "Oh, only in grad school I'd have the time to try it"?

    Thanks for your input,

    --
    Matthew K Stevenson
    mstevensonat_private