Re: Installation date of Windows image

From: Ian Macdonald (secforensicsat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 06:50:49 PST

    I would look at the event log. Everytime the computer boots an entry is made
    to the event log. If there was a long time between the Ghost image being
    created and then being burned onto the computer you should see a long gap
    between rebooted on the machine. You might also want to find out if sysprep
    or ghostwalker were run after the ghost image was created. Those are
    utilities for reseting machine names and the SID of the computer. I haven't
    used them but they might write to log files on the computer.

    Hope this gives you some ideas

    IAn