Re: Server with RAID-5

From: Albert Lederer (albertledererat_private)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 11:35:32 PDT

    Hello!

    Some specifics would be needed though.  Is it a hardware RAID array or is it
    simply the Windows Built-In Raid 5 function or is it something like Vertias
    Volume Manager.  This makes a difference because of the tools you will be
    able to use to do the analysis.  Simply put, RAID is a big beast and somewhat
    complex because it can be implemented by software, hardware, or a combination
    of both.

    Hope this helps,

    Albert

    http://www.gmx.net