RE: Server with RAID-5

From: Rohan, Daniel G. (DRohanat_private)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 08:01:14 PDT

    I would use dd to create images of the entire system to
    a tape drive.  You can deal with a system on a RAID 5 array
    from a logical perspective.  Once the dd images are created,
    extract them to a forensic workstation, mount them with the
    loopback, nosuid, noexec, ro, etc options and perform forensics
    in the same manner that you would on a single drive system.

    -Dan