RE: Imaging a "live" system

From: Kelly, Lee (kellylat_private)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 18:23:00 PDT

     I would like some more information if possible before weighing in on this.
    What is the event that triggered the investigation? Is the system in
    question actively attacking/damaging other systems, in which case you may
    want to stop the attack/damage before thinking about imaging the system.

    What are your incident response measures in this case?

    I agree that a 'live' system will be tricky due to changes in files as they
    are opened/closed/changed and this in itself may change your course of
    action.

    Lee.