Call for authors: Computer Forensics Journal

From: Ted Coombs (tedcat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 09:58:41 PDT

First, let me thank everyone who responded to my earlier post about the
new Computer Forensics Journal. I am happy to say that the publication
has been given the go-ahead and I am now looking for people who would
like to author articles.

Let me first explain that this publication is to be written by computer
forensic experts to educate attorneys, judges, lay persons, enthusiasts,
and generally people have a need or desire to know the details of
computer forensics but do not have a technical background. For this
reason, article in this publication will provide sufficient background
instruction and explanation to understand the topic of the article.

Because this group has a security focus I would first ask for any
forensic security articles. You may submit them either to me Ted
Coombs,(tedat_private) or Jason Coombs (jasoncat_private).

Authors will be paid for published articles by Pinnacle Publications
(www.pinpub.com). In addition to being paid, the publication will
represent an excellent opportunity to put your name out in front of
attorneys who will need your expertise.

I am including a list of proposed article titles that I need authors
for. By no means is this an inclusive list and I look forward to hearing
your submissions for these and other articles.

1.	Thwarting the Software Counterfeiter
2.	Software Development Methodologies that Fail
3.	The Mythical Man Year
4.	Digging for Treasure; Buried Trade Secrets
5.	Tools of the Trade; A discussion of computer forensic tools
6.	The Forensic Internet; A discussion of forensic issues related
to the Internet (multipart series or a column)
7.	Digital Evidence; A history and discussion of the nature of
digital evidence
8.	Evidence Hunters
9.	Forensic Teams; When one expert is not enough - types of
forensic expert specialties
10.	Maintaining the Chain of Evidence
11.	Data Hiding and Steganography
12.	Forensic Analysis Methods: Beyond "junk science"
13.	Cryptography
14.	Hostile Code
15.	Intellectual Property Auditing
16.	Digital Evidence, an overview
17.	Selecting a Forensic Computer Expert
18.	Computer Evidence Discovery
19.	Slack space explained
20.	Computer Registries and Log Files
21.	Understanding Internet Programs
22.	A Forensic Look at Software Development Methodologies
23.	Software Development Metrics
24.	Software Development; Who Owns What?
25.	Computer Generated Kiddie Porn
26.	E-mail Tracing
27.	Internet Profiling
28.	After the Warrant
29.	Talk the Talk - Basic terms
30.	"It Wasn't Me" - How child pornographers escape justice
31.	Drafting the eDiscovery Request with a focus on Overlooked
Evidence.
32.	Understanding the Virtual Timeline Created by Digital Documents.
33.	Understanding Application Log Files
34.	Validation of Digital Documents
35.	Practical Measurement of Trust in Forensic Analysis

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ted Coombs
Editor, Computer Forensics Journal
Forensic Computer Scientist