Cisco Router Forensics Tool

From: Thomas Akin (takinat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 12:10:08 PDT

    All,

    For those interested in Cisco router forensics, I've put
    together the first revision of a tool that helps automate
    collecting volatile information from a Cisco
    router... Doesn't go into forensically analyzing the flash
    card, but does attempt to collect as much useful volatile
    information as possible...

    The idea came from Jesse Kornblum at the Air Force OSI who
    wanted a tool that would let non-investigative personnel
    automatically collect volatile information from a router
    before they started "troubleshooting it" (read "rebooting to
    see if that fixes the problem")

    I just posted version 0.2 at http://cybercrime.kennesaw.edu/creed

    Check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions for
    improvement...

    Thanks!

    Thomas
    --

    Thomas Akin, CISSP
    Director, Southeast Cybercrime Institute