Re: Ascertaining UDF and ISO CD time zone?

From: Claus Lund (clundat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 09:43:32 PST

    It looks to me like your timestamp doesn't go by the standards...

    Cut from the "Standard ECMA-167":
    "Type and Time Zone (RBP 0)
    The most significant 4 bits of this field, interpreted as a 4-bit number,
    shall specify the interpretation of the timestamp as shown in figure 1/8.
    The least significant 12 bits, interpreted as a signed 12-bit number in two'
    s complement form, shall be interpreted as follows:
    - If the value is in the range -1 440 to 1 440 inclusive, then the value
    specifies the offset, in minutes, of the date and time of the day from
    Coordinated Universal Time.
    - If the value is -2 047, then no such value is specified.
    Type
    Interpretation
    0 The timestamp specifies Coordinated Universal Time.
    1 The timestamp specifies local time.
    2 The interpretation of the timestamp is subject to agreement between the
    originator and recipient of the medium.
    3-15 Reserved for future standardisation.
    "

    It looks like your 'Type' falls in the yet-to-be-determined category...
    Maybe the following documents will be able to help your friend:
    Standard ECMA-167 - http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/STAND/ECMA-167.HTM
    UDF specs - http://www.osta.org/specs/index.htm

    -Claus