RE: [tcpdump-workers] TCP/UDP Data Streams - Packet Reassembly

From: Simon Patarin (simon.patarinat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 13:18:13 PST

    > 	Our commercial product ContExt (Content Extractor) will create
    > images/docs from a raw packet stream 7x24 in real-time and handle
    > frags, out of sequence packets etc. It creates web reports of the
    > content and allows searches and tracking of addresses. Its a
    > hardware/software solution packaged as a device. It handles GIG
    > ethernet and 20,000+ concurrent connections.

    Pandora (my GPL product) does this for free! :)
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pandora/

    Well, maybe all the nifty features you describe are not all present, but
    it should not be very difficult to add them if necessary. It is pure
    software and handles ~250 Mb/s on a pentiumIII 1.4GHz (linux or
    FreeBSD) platform.

    HTH,

    Simon