MD5 Exploit Database?

From: Mark G. Spencer (mspencerat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 15:01:19 PST

    I'm working on a server that has been "owned" for over a year.  Needless to
    say, there are a significant number of what I would call "questionable"
    files on the box.  Some of them I can quickly identify, albeit not
    authoritatively at this point, (e.g. httpodbc.dll), but others I cannot.

    If I MD5 the collection of questionable files, is there a database I can
    cross-reference my MD5's against to authoritatively identify what these
    things are?  I understand I may end up with some unknowns depending on how
    the executables were compressed and/or wrapped.

    Thanks,

    Mark