Re: Tracking a (potential) abuser?

From: Jeremy Shelley (jeremy.shelleyat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 05:46:08 PST

    First things first:

    Do you have your students and teachers (i.e. the "rampaging masses") sign an
    "Acceptable Use Policy" or something similar prior to granting them access to
    the system?  If not, then I suggest you do so post haste.  Also, configure the
    message title and text for users in Group Policy telling them that there is no
    expectation of privacy, you may be monitored, use of this system for illegal
    activities...etc. etc. etc.

    Personally, I'd say you should get the support of your boss to tighten down
    security to a ridiculous level then only enable things as they are NEEDED.

    By the way, have you considered running your machines as Kiosks with limited
    desktops/start menus and the like.  Store these two folders on a central server
    and give the proletariat "Read Only" access to it.

    Hope this helps!

    Jeremy Shelley, CISSP
    ISSP, Defense Security Service