Re: Creation / modification / access dates

From: Valdis.Kletnieksat_private
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 13:59:16 PDT

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:57:38 PDT, Michael Edwards <medwards@digital-legal.com>  said:

    > Firstly, is there any way to determine the creation date of a CD-ROM - is
    > that information stored somewhere as part of the CDFS?

    There's probably a way to find the *claimed* creation date.

    I suggest you think about what you will use the information for, and whether
    the creator has any reason/motivation to put bogus data in the field.  Remember,
    to the CD  burner, it's just 650 megabytes of ones and zeros.....

    If I'm burning a new boot CD for my users, I will probably put the right date in
    there.  If I'm trying to create a bogus "backup" of financial info from 3 months
    ago, I'll be looking to lie.....