Re: Creation / modification / access dates

From: Robert Goto (res1ozmaat_private)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 08:59:33 PDT

    A good starting point for a primer on Modified, Accessed, Create dates would
    be the definitions contained in the Encase manual.

    As far as the creation date of a CDR goes one place to start would be the
    volume serial number which you can see by running the 'vol' command from a
    prompt.  This will help if you have a suspected date range to test for.  I
    also remember there being a pretty extensive thread on cdfs structure on
    this mailing list.

    As with just about any and all date time information though you have to
    remember that computers don't really know what time it is on their own and
    that all date time information depends on the system date time settings.

    Robert Goto
    Senior Technical Advisor
    Electronic Evidence Discovery Inc