NT vs Unix on the Internet

From: Peter Jeremy (peter.jeremyat_private)
Date: Sun May 03 1998 - 16:46:13 PDT

    I'm currently engaged in an internal NT vs Unix debate and trying to
    insert some facts into the debate.

    One point that has come up is along the lines of `most Internet sites
    that have been hacked have been running Unix therefore Unix is
    insecure'.  Can anyone point me to some figures showing what sorts of
    sites have been broken into and what they were running, compared to
    the Internet as a whole?

    Note: I don't want to start a flamewar here.  I'm just after some
    defendable figures in place of FUD.

    Peter
    --
    Peter Jeremy (VK2PJ)                    peter.jeremyat_private
    Alcatel Australia Limited