Re: Blitzkrieg Server -- For Real?!

From: Kinczli Zoltan (kzoliat_private)
Date: Fri May 08 1998 - 03:11:14 PDT

    Hi,

         Seems to me hype, no more...

      Our no-hype gurus are talking about how an intrusion can be
    identified. Up to now - if i'm not mistaken - what we can say is:
    We can process the log and the audit trail, in order to minimize
    the part which needs human inspection and further analysis to find
    out if it was a "hack" or not.

       I don't belive that any of our existing code - be it stateful
    inspection, application gw, whatever - is capable of identifing all
    future attack types, capable of deciding if a "never ever seen
    someting" is a hack or not.

       Third: what kind of counter attack would it launch? Is it
    continuously developping new attacks? Or is it trying sequentially
    all  the already known exploits? If yes, an up to date firewall
    POSSIBLY can resists all of them.

    regards,
       Zoltan