Re: DMZ design - Exchange, SQL, & DCOM

From: Michael Borkin (borkinat_private)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 06:34:04 PST

    Henry,

    Thanks for the great response.  I was only looking at the internal users
    accessing the features of the exchange server and truly didn't understand
    why someone was recommending to put it out in the DMZ rather than using an
    SMTP relay.  Your response made made me understand why the person I was
    talking to was so against that.  For once, security is actually more
    important than features to this job, so if opening up exchange services to
    outside users makes the site less secure then there will be no services
    available.

    Thanks for all the help,

    Mike