RE: Citrix ICA through port 80?

From: Henry Sieff (hsieffat_private)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 11:10:07 PST

    Here's the deal with ICA.
    Client browses ICA master browser for app: UDP 1604
    Client establishes connection with server on which app resides: TCP 1494(by
    default)
    Client requests communication back on randomly (sort of) chosen High Port
    (TCP/UDP gt than 1023).

    Now, you can change the port use that #2 uses using the icaport command to
    whatever you want. (note that even if your app is embedded in a web page,
    these ports still need to be open to the TS.)

    The problem, for you and the customers IS department is:
    They'll need to open up UDP 1604 and TCP 1494(by default) outbound and
    tcp/udp gt then 1023 inbound to the users hosts who will be accessing these
    apps. (note that since the client actually initiates this connection as
    well, you may not have a problem if they allow any established, I think. I'd
    need to check that).

    You will need to open UDP 1604 and TCP 1494 inbound to the server, plus
    udp/tcp gt then 1023 outbound from the servers to whoever.

    Note that while you can change that TCP 1494 port to whatever, that one
    isn't a big deal because its static. Its the actual data port which'll
    create problems.

    What you can do is use a VPN, and make the customers a client within that,
    but you will need to discuss it with there IS department first.

    BTW, if you contact me off-list, I can point you to some pretty useful
    citrix resources.

    --
    Henry Sieff