RE: Linux Proxy Server ?

From: CH-FM Informationsystems (Informationsystemsat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 09:41:54 PST

    Take a look at http://squid.nlanr.net/

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Troy Henley [mailto:tghat_private]
    Sent: Monday, February 21, 2000 3:51 PM
    To: firewall-wizardsat_private
    Subject: Linux Proxy Server ?

    Hi, I am interested in setting up a proxy server for our office network.
    Because of the low cost of Linux, I was interested in using it as a proxy
    server.  Could anyone provide me with concerns and obstacles to look our
    for in this project?  Is Linux a good solution for a proxy server?

    Does anyone know of a URL or step-by-step guide to setting up Red-Hat or
    some other distribution of Linux as a proxy server?  Thank you very much !

    Troy Henley
    tghat_private