RE: patternmatch for scan

From: Zimmermann, Rolf (rolfzimmermannat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 09:56:13 PST

    Port 3128 is the default for squid (proxy). To find a (squid) proxy on port
    8080 is highly probable too. So this looks like someone scanning for a squid
    proxy.
    As far as I know, there is a vulnerability within squid. Something like
    "malicous user can gain access". Just take a look a www.securityfocus.com
    ;-)

    - Rolf