Re: snooping

From: Robert Graham (robert_david_grahamat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 15:11:29 PST

    --- "Hans W. Rosen" <rosenat_private> wrote:
    > I have discovered somebody snooping my harddrive leaving the identity
    > 216.33.199.81 .  This is not the first time by this party and if I see it one
    > more time I will turn you in to Senator Toricelli who is very interrested
    > about such criminal conduct.  This is a warning and I prohibit such invasion.

    I'm surprised this got by the moderator.

    These connections are caused by advertisement-supported shareware that you've
    installed on your machine. You will continue to see these outbound connections
    until you remove the shareware.
    This is explained at:
    http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#port17027

    =====