Re: [fw-wiz] CERT vulnerability note VU# 539363 (fwd)

From: Paul D. Robertson (probertsat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 07:52:41 PDT

    [Forwarded with Daniel's permission]

    I'm all in favor of real data, especially when it overrides dogma.  In
    this case, I'm guilty of just accepting the dogma that packet filtering
    rules and state table rules should take about as long to go through as one
    another and therefore it's a numbers game.  Daniel's data says (at least
    for the test set) otherwise.  This is much more interesting to me than the
    usual "performance" test conversations that come up around firewalls.

    Paul