Re: Any defense against ping flood?

From: Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooijat_private)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 12:40:25 PDT

    On Fri, 4 May 2001, Talley, Brooks wrote:

    > I'm in a bit of a bind here.  My network is currently experincing 27mbps
    > of incoming ICMP echo-requests, all coming from -- suprise -- China.
    > It's been going on since 5am PDT (13 hours, so far).

    211.72 if assigned to a Taiwan network company (HINET). I never got any
    response (not even automated) on complaints before.

    I guess you could throw some samples to the FBI and see if they are
    interrested.

    Hugo.

    PS: I could handle 27mbps through packet radio (27 mili bits per second
    isn't that much after all ;-)

    --
    All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
        hvdkooijat_private		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/