Re: 'FrogEater'

From: Kurt Seifried (bugtraqat_private)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 13:42:47 PDT

    > Richard Bartlett
    > Hacker Immunity Ltd
    >
    > (I'm currently working on setting up permissions so the uploadable
    > directories are execute only; i.e. you can't see it in dir/ls, but you can
    > cd to it, and the dir names will be suitably obscure to prevent them being
    > guessed).

    Proftpd also solves this nicely, you do not need to fight with file
    permissions/etc, simply configure proftpd, such as:

    <Directory /home/ftp/uploads>
            AllowOverwrite  off
            <LIMIT WRITE>
                    AllowAll
            </LIMIT>
            <LIMIT READ>
                    Order Allow,Deny
                    Allow from 10.3.0.
                    Deny from all
            </LIMIT>
    </Directory>

    This let's anyone upload, butnot overwrite files, and anyone from 10.3.0.* can
    download/delete files in the directory for example (or you could use "DenyAll"
    and then "manually" move files around or whatever).

    Kurt Seifried, seifriedat_private
    Securityportal - your focal point for security on the 'net