Re: another wave?

From: gattacaat_private
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 10:43:22 PDT

    Paul,

    No offense taken; had my emotions surgically removed years ago :)

    My motivation for my initial post was literally just me being a good "netizen".
    The fact that it was a specific group that I referred to was just the "intel"
    that had been passed along to me. I feel (personal view) that it is necessary
    to share such information in a bid to promote a higher level of cooperation
    betwix security folk, sysadmins, et cetera. You're right, it 's quite nearly
    impossible to gauge potential attacks however, it is not outside the realm
    of possibility in the information warfare arena. As to the difference; I
    believe that in order to better prepare for whatever may come down the pipe,
     one must arm themselves with information.

    "reading these lists is a good first step towards being aware of the potential
    dangers out there.", I couldn't agree more.

    cheers,
    gattaca

    Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com